Saturday, June 5, 2010

Banged my car...again...and got my new laptop...

I was post call on Friday...had quite a bad call on Thursday...finished OT about 4am...thought i'd get some sleep...but no...some guy had to get drunk and get into an accident...so had to see him at about 5am plus...and i didn't really sleep well while waiting for the case coz the stupid alarm in the MO call room was blaring again...urghh!!!!

So went to see the patient in casualty...then waited for boss to come see the patient...good thing didn't have to go in for laparotomy...so went back to sleep for about half hour before i had to get up and do morning rounds...then was in elective OT the whole morning...kept dozing off...after OT, still had afternoon rounds....by the time we were done, it was 5pm plus...

Had to send a colleague home coz her car couldn't start that morning...so was ok while driving her home...coz had someone to talk to...after sending her home, was caught in the jam...so i was dozing off...tried so hard to keep awake till i get home...but just couldn't...i must have dozed off before i hit the brake so i banged into the car in front of me...totally woke me up alright...i was like shit! shit! shit!! my car's bonnet and front bumper totally crumpled...but fortunately the other car was a Kembara and nothing happened to the back of the car...the lady came out and asked me what happened? i was like...really sorry but i fell asleep...she looked so shocked...

Anyway, rest assured i was quite awake the rest of the way home...i was so tired...and so emotionally distraught...i didn't know whether to laugh or cry at my misfortune...i just wanted to sleep...so in the end i cried myself to sleep...was awakened by a phone call...it was the delivery guy...delivering my new laptop....so i gave him the directions to my place...

I was quite happy earlier when i got a msg telling me my dell laptop would be delivered to me on Friday....but that was before my accident...so when i opened my new laptop, i wasn't as excited as i should have been...but it was still a consolation...my new purple dell laptop...:)...thanks for the gift...:)

Spent the whole day sleeping after i came back from morning round today...boss called about lunch time...i guess he found out that i banged my car again...i guess he empathizes with my misfortune since he banged his car last Saturday as well...he asked if i needed any assistance...i was like, er no need lah..my car still can run...just that it's deformed...i was thinking he doesn't even have his own car now, how exactly is he going to assist me? hehe...

Ok, gonna meddle with my new gadget...it's so cool...it had a facial recognition feature that recognizes my face for fast log in....hehehe...will put up some pics soon...

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you alright now? Sent your car for repair?

    So it's a purple Dell.....quickly post up pix...is it the same purple as mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm ok i guess...sending my car for repair on monday...hopefully i won't die from a heart attack when the mechanic quote me the repair price...yea, should be the same purple...but mine is a 14"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think next time you take taxi or bus to work safer. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea...thanks johnny, you're not the first person to suggest that...:P

    ReplyDelete