Sunday, July 2, 2017

Angel Eyes

     I've completed yet another series of Kdrama...this one is called 'Angel Eyes'...a fairly old one which came out in 2014...at a time when I was neither into Kdrama nor had the time for such indulgence...still, one is never too late to watch a 'first love which was separated by tragic circumstances only to meet again to face more tragic circumstances' kind of drama...there's only one reason why I loved this drama...and it's Lee Sang Yoon, who played the adult Park Dong Joo (who's the male lead of the drama)...yes, I've finally found my Korean actor crush in Lee Sang Yoon...him with his smiling crinkly eyes...and creased forehead when he has his serious intense look on...I know, I'm weird that way...smiling crinkly eyes get to me...everytime...I had a crush on Hugh Grant for the longest time because he had smiling crinkly eyes...Oh, and Lee Sang Yoon has a degree in Physics...totally my kind of geek...smiling crinkly eyes and a degree in Physics...perfect combination...

     Otherwise, the drama was good enough to be a tear-jerker...although personally I felt there were too many plot-twists and subplots which I had figured out way before it was finally revealed...but still, a first love that never waned definitely appeals to many...including myself...made me wished my first love had lasted...that even after 12 years of separation, we had never forgotten how we felt about each other...but of course, everyone's love story has a different beginning and an ending...like how Park Dong Joo replied to Kang Ji Woon (Soo Wan's present boyfriend) when asked how long did his first love last...and Dong Joo answered, it hasn't ended...awww....

     I really love Lee Sang Yoon's character...from the beginning when he fell in love with Soo Wan who was blinded from a tragedy which claimed her mother's life...to helping her out from her depression and guilt...but then tragedy struck again when Dong Joo's mother passed away...Soo Wan received corneal transplant from Dong Joo's mother but Dong Joo had to go to US for his sister's treatment...so they were separated for 12 years without news of each other...thanks to Soo Wan's father's misguided intervention...

     When Dong Joo came back to find Soo Wan, he realized she didn't recognize him as she had never seen his face...and she already has a boyfriend who's a neurosurgeon in her father's hospital (who eventually is revealed as the person who hit-and-run Dong Joo's mother)...anyway, to cut the long story short, Soo Wan found out about Dong Joo and they decided to be together again...and then Dong Joo proposed to her at the observatory...I must say that was probably one of the most romantic proposal ever...but then as with all dramas, the ghosts and sins of the past always come to haunt the present...all the secrets that Soo Wan's father had been keeping was eventually revealed and caused chaos in their relationships...but as with all dramas, eventually love conquered all and they ended up getting together again....finally, after Dong Joo almost died getting run over by a car, Soo Wan got her senses back and decided to not keep hiding from Dong Joo...if I had a guy like Dong Joo loving me, I don't think I'll ever be like how Soo Wan was...I won't let him out of my sight...ever....

      Oh, did I mention Park Dong Joo is a cardiothoracic surgeon? What is it about Kdramas that the male leads who are in the medical profession are either neurosurgeons or cardiothoracic surgeons? And occasionally paediatric surgeons or hepatobiliary surgeons? Plastic surgeons too glamour for kdramas is it? Anyway, love most of the songs from the OST...although I wish when they sang in English they would have worked on their pronunciation...I still have problem figuring out the lyrics for the sound tracks which were in English...oh well, I'll just indulge myself in the songs anyway...and maybe I should put in that application for my fellowship in Korea soon...a girl can always dream yea?

No comments:

Post a Comment