Monday, July 4, 2011

Worst nightmare...and a miracle...

Ok, so i've been in KB for about a month now...and i've finally been able to move into my new room over the weekend...i've been squatting at suet lai's room all this while...really thank God she didn't chase me out...but i really felt that i was overstaying my welcome...so was really glad when i could move into my new place...

While staying at suet lai's place, i've managed to have my first encounter with the notoriously noxious Paederus dermatitis...for 5 years i was in uni during undergrad i've managed to escape those bloody insects and 2 weeks into my stay in KB this time round the Paederus got to me...and of all places it had to be the underarm...so damn painful...and later on so itchy...i was so worried it was going to spread when the blisters broke...but thank God it didn't spread...and my skin is healing quite well...still itchy...and hyperpigmented...but i'll survive...

Today i got to come back from work early (early means before the sunsets)...so i went to do some grocery shopping and went back to my 2 day-old room...one minute i went into my room to put my bag (with my phone, house and car keys in it), the next minute i took my grocery bag to the kitchen and closed the room door behind me...after unloading my grocery, i went back to my room only to find my door has decided to lock me out...there was a latch behind the door and it must have latched on when i closed the door...how in the world that happened is beyond me....

I tried not to panic...i banged and banged against the door...without any success...then i just couldn't take it anymore...i just broke down and cried and cried...and asked God what did i do wrong? why is this happening to me? do i even need this? is my life not shitty enough already? i'm already so tired...and i'm locked out of my room and in my house...and my housemate isn't around...and i couldn't get any help from anyone...tell me if you wouldn't feel helpless in such a situation...

I was walking around the hall helplessly trying to look for something strong enough to break the latch...finally settled for my newly bought 5kg dynamo detergent bottle...banged and banged with all my strength while asking God to have mercy and give me a miracle...i really had no one to turn to anymore...so after about 20 minutes of banging, the door miraculously opened...thank God for His mercy...but i think i was still pissed that what happened happened...such an ungrateful daughter i am...and my hands and arms were shaking for quite some time after that...

All the really really long hours at work i can still endure...but to come home and get locked out of my room with no means of getting out of the house and no means to call anyone for help? i don't think i can take too much of such unneccesary stress...i'm just glad this ordeal is over...i don't know if i can take another one my way...but Lord, if You plan to, then You'll have to make sure You get me out of it...coz i can't do it on my own...

2 comments: