Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Neuro OT today

This is the reason why i dislike doing morning shift in OT...i always end up late to OT no matter if i wake up earlier to (hopefully) beat the stupid morning jam...and the worst thing is today is neuro OT and big boss is in charge...and i came into OT later than her...and the patient...sigh...i think she was so pissed that she totally ignored me...didn't let me intubate, set arterial line or CVL....dang!! so i was practically walking on the edge the whole day....well, i guess it's better to be ignored than to be picked on for every little thing i did...or did not do...

Anyway, whole morning this particular song kept playing on my mind and i was singing it to myself to keep myself awake...it's 徐佳瑩's 失落沙洲 (not sure how to translate but it roughly means missing a lost shore)...it's a very sad song actually...about this girl who lost her boyfriend...not sure of the COD coz it wasn't shown in the MV...but i always feel teary when i watch the MV...here's a link to the MV....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrhC7v8p4c&feature=related

Will share the lyrics and attempt to translate them into English...though somehow it won't be as touching as compared to understanding the lyrics in Chinese....

又來到這個港口 (I've arrived at the same port again)
沒有原因的拘留 (a prisoner without reason)
我的心乘著斑駁的輕舟 (my heart is riding a mottled boat)
尋找失落的沙洲 (searching for a lost shore)

隨 時間的海浪漂流 (being carried along by the tides of time)
我用力張開雙手 (with my strength i stretch out my hands)
擁抱那麼多起起落 (embracing all the ups and downs)
想念的還是你望著我的眼波 (but i still miss you gazing into my eyes)

C/o:我不是一定要你回來 (i do not insist that you must come back)
只是當又一個人看海 (but once again when i'm watching the ocean alone)
回頭才發現你不在 (i turn around only to realize you're not there)
留下我迂迴的徘徊 (leaving me lingering aimlessly)

我不是一定要你回來 (i do not insist that you must come back)
只是當又把回憶翻開 (but again when i consider our memories)
除了你之外的空白 (besides the blank space you left behind)
還有誰能來教我愛 (who else can teach me how to love)

又回到這個盡頭 (i've returned again to this end)
我也想再往前走 (i also wish to move on with my life)
只是愈看見海闊天空 (but the more i look at the endless ocean and sky)
愈遺憾沒有你分享我的感動 (the more i regret you're not here to share with me my emotions)

Repeat C/o

我不是一定要你回來 (i do not insist that you must come back)

只是當又一個人看海 (but once again when i'm watching the ocean alone)
疲憊的身影不是我 (the exhausted shadow is not me)
不是你想看見的我 (not the me you wish to see)

我不是一定要你回來 (i do not insist that you must come back)
只是當獨自走入人海 (but when i'm alone among the sea of people)
除了你之外的依賴 (besides depending on you)
還有誰能叫我勇敢 (who else could ask me to be brave)

除了你之外的空白 (besides the blank space you left behind)
還有誰能來教我愛 (who else can teach me how to love)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous21/8/10 00:29

    thanks for the translation =) needed it so much cos i couldn't understand mandarin words =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your wonderful translation. A friend sent me your link for the translation of this song that so moved me though I could understand only 20% of it. Now it makes more sense and much appreciated. I've just lost someone dearest to me just a month ago. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Pastor Thomas...when my Pa passed away, this song kind of helped me through that difficult period...

      Delete