Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lost...

I seem to have disappeared from my blog for a while since my last post...i've been away...out of town...to meet up old friends...to get away from work....i'm not sure when it happened, but i think along the way since i started working, i've kinda got lost...lost my focus...lost my passion...lost my hope... i guess that's why i keep taking breaks from work...but i guess that's not really a solution yea? and even after my breaks, i can't seem to rediscover the things i've lost...but then, at least i enjoyed my break... had a good island holiday...met up with John, Kian Ming, Jess, Daniel and Wai Kit....some of them i haven't met for ages...

One of my ex-housemate came to our place today....she dropped the bomb...saying that she went to JKNS to hand in her resignation letter...she said she has lost all hope in the system...i guess she's the melancholic type...cares too much...works too hard...one of the best doctor i've ever known...if i were sick i'd definitely want her to care for me...so i was quite shocked when even she seems to have lost her faith in the system...but i do feel it will be a waste if she did quit...hopefully she can take a break and get a transfer or something...

I'm post call today...and my calls have lost the distinction between bad and good...i think i shall stop categorizing my calls from now on...i don't think i'll ever have a good call in my life...coz even my good call is nowhere close to the good calls my other colleagues get...but of course i shouldn't be complaining about bad calls when all i lost is sleep...i'd rather lose that than losing patients' lives...at least i get to come home in the morning and sleep the whole day off...

On a brighter note, a mail that i thought was lost in post finally reached me today...it actually came yesterday but since i wasn't home yesterday, i only saw it this evening when i woke up...Colleen's wedding invitation is finally here...very nice card...can't wait to attend her wedding...unfortunately her wedding is on the same day as Khee Liam's...which means i can only attend one wedding...and so i won't be going for Khee Liam's wedding...so sad...:(...this is a good time to have a clone of myself...

I think as we grow up, we lose a lot of things along the way...i know i have...which is why there's always a part of me who resisted growing up...the lost of innocence...the lost of racial indiscrimination...the lost of unpretentiousness...the lost of child-like faith...the lost of a carefree uncomplicated life...just to list a few...but then, in resisting growing up, i have also lost quite a few things...though i don't mind the lost too much...the lost of good judgment...the lost of appreciation for society's norm...the lost of sensibility...the lost of consideration for others....oh well, i guess we lose some, we gain some...

No comments:

Post a Comment