Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Landlord, the fix-it man...

I'm post call today...i slept at 430am and only left 2 un-emergency cases for Hoe when i passed over...it seems that these days, the definition of emergency is "if you can't fit/ finish them in the elective list, then they're emergency cases"...right...can you see my eyes rolling?

So i left the hospital about 830am...went to eat my favourite beef noodles in Damai...and went to the office to get a letter...yea, my transfer to the surgery department has finally been approved...but the weird thing was, when i saw the letter, it didn't mention the date i was supposed to go over to the 'dark side'...heh, it's kind of like an inside joke among us GA MOs....we're supposedly the 'light'...and so our counter-parts are the 'dark side'...right...Kean Khang started this i think...but really, no offence meant to any individuals or departments...;P...so since big boss was in the office, i discussed with her regarding when i was to go over to surgery...she was raving on and on about how little MOs we have left in GA and how she's trying to push the state to give us more MOs...so i told her that if i can go over to surgery in January 2010, then it'd be good...hopefully by December we can get some graduating HOs to join the department, then at least i won't feel so bad leaving the department short...

Came home to find a strange car parked in my porch...and my grill door unlocked...nothing to be alarmed off really...it's just my landlord who came by to fix our plumbing....the downstairs bathroom has been leaking into the kitchen floor for almost a week...Jasmine informed our landlord yesterday and he came straightaway to fix it...my landlord is quite the fix-it man...he even helped change the light bulb in my bathroom coz i didn't have a ladder and i couldn't reach it with just standing on the chair...yea, now i don't have to bathe in the dark anymore...and he cleaned my room's air-cond filters as well...while i'm typing this post, he's fixing the leaking tap that connects to our washing machine....i wonder if he's a plumber...

I'm actually really sleepy but i'm just keeping awake while my landlord is in the house...i'd like to say 'my' house but it's actually 'his' house...sorry, i know...lame...post call brain...right, gonna check if he's done...if not, i'm gonna crash anyway...later got locum...

No comments:

Post a Comment