Monday, March 15, 2010

What a start to a day....

Some days you wake up and feel ready to face the world...and as soon as you step out into the world, disasters start to happen...today is one of those days for me...for the record, days like these happen more often than not lately...for me at least...

Well, for consolation at least Sunday was a good day...i went to church after morning round...and i got the "Kathleen, how are you? haven't seen you for a LONG time...been busy?" line from the usher...sigh, yea i know i know...i've been doing some MIA...and i was asleep most part of the sermon...and so was the guy sitting next to me...anyway, after church Flora, Becky, Christine (and baby) and i went for lunch...then Becky and i went to watch Alice in Wonderland...any Johnny Depp movie would be a good movie...but Anne Hathaway looked quite weird as the White Queen...had a good nap after i went home...and had a good jap dinner with Elaine, Siang Lin and Suet Lai...came home and studied a little...while chatting...hehe...well, i can multitask...

So this morning i woke up as usual to prepare to go to work...i'm on call today....i was just reversing my car and turning when i drove up the curb...and what do you know? my left front tyre burst...it was pretty funny...but i wasn't really in the mood to laugh...coz i needed to get to work in time and there was no way i could have changed the tyre and drove to work, in time...so i had to call Yap to come pick me up...so paiseh had to inconvenient him...so i messaged boss to tell him i would be a little late for work...when i reached the ward, he was just coming out from it....he saw me and shook his head and said, "i already expected something would happen this morning"....dang! talk about making an impression with the boss...

Oh well, i can't help it if my luck is in the dumps lately...but thank God for dependable friends...Pang is really God-sent...coz i saw him in ICU while we were doing round there...and he agreed to help me change my tyre since he wasn't on call today...God bless him....well, at least thus far my call has been quiet...if things get any worse, i'd be wishing for pivalsher to shrink myself so i can hide from the world...but for now, i wouldn't mind watching Hatter do the futtenwacken....i need cheering up....

Maybe i'm being paranoid...but i can't help feeling that there's an unseen force in charge of unforeseen circumstances who has decided to play major pranks in my life...really, 2 burst tyres within a month? not forgetting all the disasters with the OT lists...oh, Lord...have mercy on me...

No comments:

Post a Comment