Saturday, December 26, 2009

HK Day 7

Woke up a bit earlier today...1030am...ate the last 2 persimmons for breakfast...then packed everything into my luggage...had to enlarge the compartment...it was so full i almost couldn't zip my luggage...checked out and left my luggage at the lobby...today was my last day in HK and i was thinking about where else i could go...i thought i'd check out Hung Hom...so i walked over to East Tsim Sha Tsui station and took the metro to Hung Hom station...didn't know what was in store for me...

I exited at The Metropolis, which is a huge shopping complex...saw the Harbour Plaza Metropolis Hotel which is adjacent to it...i had initially planned to stay at that hotel but i couldn't get a cheap room at the last minute..served me right...the hotel looked nice...oh well, maybe next time..hehe..ate baked rice with pork and chicken at a shop in The Metroprolis...it was yucks!! i think the ones in Malaysia taste better...good thing the mango bubble tea was good...

So i walked towards Hung Hom...saw some signs showing 'Hung Hom Factory Outlets' and 'Wonderful Worlds of Whampoa'...i was curious about the factory outlets...coz i thought maybe can get some good bargains...hehe..so i tried looking for the factory outlets...but after going in circles following the signs, i can't seem to find any...so i abandoned my mission and went looking for the Wonderful Worlds of Whampoa instead...

When i reached there,i saw Home World, Treasure World and Fashion World..had some problem looking for Fashion World initially but found it eventually...and i was stuck there for quite some time...found a shop 'Veeko' and saw signs showing 1/2 price for all items...the bargain hunter in me couldn't resist that...so i went into the shop...initially i saw a purple 'biker-chick' jacket...tried it on and thought it looked nice on me...original price was HKD480...a bit expensive lah..but got 50% discount..so it's a little over RM100...not too bad lah...

Then one of the SA, Jenny started bringing me tops and pants to try on...and i tried on a few and i thought i looked good in them..and they were quite fashionable...so in the end i bought another 7 articles of clothings...2 jackets, 3 tops and 2 pants...total damage was HKD1364 (about RM607)...forgive me Lord, for my flesh was weak...i really had no space in my luggage already so i'd need to hand carry another paper bag full of clothes home...i quickly left the shop before Jenny could convince me to buy even more stuffs...walked back to East Tsim Sha Tsui and dropped by at Ben & Jerry's for ice-cream...then i went back to the hotel...

Grabbed my luggage and took a taxi to the Macau-China Terminal at Kowloon...took the 630pm First Ferry to Macau...ticket cost HKD168...reached Macau Terminal about 745pm...we docked at Macau Peninsula...got through immigration and asked the info counter how to get to Hotel Royal...thankfully there was a shuttle bus to Hotel Royal...hopped on to it just in time as it was leaving at 755pm...when i checked-in at the hotel, again i got a free upgrade to a Premier Room...my room was 1630..on the 16th floor...i totally loved this room....super king-sized bed with huge flat screen TV...bathrobes and bedroom slippers provided...and there was a huge mushroom shower head...not to mention the room was very spacious....

I took the hotel shuttle bus to hunt for dinner...i wanted to go to MGM Grand cos the girl at the front desk told me there were many Portuguese restaurants nearby...but the bus driver dropped me off at Sands instead...which was opposite the Macau's Fisherman Wharf...there was a fake Colosseum there...anyway, i walked towards MGM Grand and found a Portuguese restaurant...food was quite expensive..HKD65 for an omelette with codfish and Portugues
e sausage...it tasted quite good...and it seems like it's quite easy to make Portuguese food...i can make omelettes :)

The bell boy at the hotel told me earlier to check out the cybernetic fountain at Wynn Hotel...but i couldn't find it coz these hotels are super huge...i gave up the idea of walking back to the hotel coz i couldn't seem to read the Macau map properly..and the road signs were horribly sparse...so took a cab back to the hotel for HKD13...not too bad lah...booked a ticket for Cirque du Soleil at the front dest for the next day show...then i went up to my room and enjoyed my rain shower...nice...

But i couldn't really sleep...must have been coz i left the red low lights on...they gave off an eerie atmosphere...

No comments:

Post a Comment