Friday, July 2, 2010

Goodbye Grandma...

I was on call on Tuesday...got a message from Mom telling me that grandma passed away at 9.15am that morning...i didn't cry...i guess i was kinda expecting the news...she hasn't been well since her choking incident during CNY...she had a left BKA done about 2 months ago...been on tube feeding since her choking incident...i supposed that's enough suffering for a poor old lady...

I was never really close to this grandma (she was my dad's mom)...she used to live in Taiping...and i only saw her once a year during CNY...but i remembered that i loved going back to Taiping...my grandpa and grandma lived upstairs this shophouse...there was a Siamese temple on a plot of land next to where they lived...and i've always been intrigued by it...i've never entered the place until the recent Wednesday...they brought my grandma's body back from KL to Taiping...so the wake and funeral service was in the Siamese temple...

I flew back from KK on Wednesday...coz it would have been quite impossible to ask someone to take my call on Tuesday...had to ask boss to help me buy my flight tickets coz i couldn't get out of the hospital...the tickets cost me RM915...and that's the cheapest already, i guess...and i was flying airasia...oh well, no choice...my bro drove my elder sis, my 1st aunt and i back to Taiping...we reached just in time for the prayer service...by the time we finished it was about 930pm...so we went for supper at this place my Dad calls "Kam Pin" (coz it was located among rows of goldsmith and pawn shops)...

Then we went to check-in at this new hotel at the lake garden called The Flemington...bathed and slept...felt quite tired after a whole day of travelling...wanted to skip breakfast and sleep more but my parents wouldn't allow it...we were at the temple again about 9am...the funeral service started about 1015am...then we went to the burial ground...my grandma was buried next to my grandpa...after we checked-out from the hotel, we went to have our customary chendol before we drove back to kl...

I don't usually cry at funerals...especially those of old people...i supposed it's coz i feel that at least my grandma isn't suffering anymore...and that she's in a better place...towards the end, she didn't even recognize me anymore...perhaps when we meet again on the other side, she would remember me...Goodbye Grandma...rest in peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment