Sunday, May 29, 2011

Chapter 30: A New Beginning....

Yesterday i've finally hit the big 3-0...and no, i didn't wake up this morning at almost noon with extra visible crow feet, more prominent nasolabial folds or frown lines on my forehead...even though i had a late night...oh, note to self, i need to change that description on my profile...since i'm no longer 20-something...hahaha...

I had lunch with Ah Liam, my ex-lab partner in uni who is now working in his sister's aesthetic clinic in 10 boulevard...for the first time in my 30 years of life, i drove myself to Damansara area...i might have kind of lost my way but i managed to arrive within half hour and i didn't have to make u-turns...although i was feeling horribly lost while i was driving...so we went for lunch at One Utama...Ah Liam treated me to this non-halal Japanese restaurant where i had spicy pork ramen...i wanted to eat more pork before i go off to Kelantan...hehe..after lunch we went back to his clinic...it was being renovated so he didn't have any patients...it's a very nice and classy looking clinic...with all the up-to-date aesthetic equipment...

I saw this eyelash booster pamphlet on the counter and immediately i was intrigued...and i actually bought one since Ah Liam said it worked for a lot of his customers...hahaha, so easy to make a woman's money...well, i forgot to use it when i got home early this morning...so i'll start using it tonight and hopefully by end of june i'll see longer eyelashes on myself...hehe...after a visit to his clinic, i thought i'd go to Tropicana City Mall for some shopping before i go home...but dang! i missed the u-turn to the mall so i thought, forget it...not going to go through the toll again...so i just drove straight home...

I started watching this drama series called
爱无限 or directly translated as Love, Unlimited/Infinity... becoz i heard this song by Wilber Pan called 我们都怕痛 aka 'We're afraid of pain' on the radio some time back and i thought the 2 verses of the chorus totally sang how i felt...so i youtubed the song and found out about the series...although i don't fancy Wilber Pan, i thought i'd put down my bias opinion and give the series a watch anyway...so when i got home, i was watching it till almost dinner time..Shee Cheong called me from China just to wish me happy birthday and we chatted for a while..how thoughtful of him to remember my birthday...then Ma, Pei, Simon, Aunty and i went for dinner at Dragon-I in Leisure Mall...had a small cake with 3 big candles...initially i said i wanted 30 small ones...but that would not have fit the cake...hehe...

After sending Aunty home, we came home...waited for Joe's msg...it came about 10pm plus saying that he just reached KL from Penang...we were watching Pirates of the Carribeans at 1140pm...he said he'll come pick me up at 11pm...which of course he was late anyway...really, i spend half my life waiting for other ppl, is there anyone out there who's waiting for me? anyway, Joe finally came at 1135pm...he said his house was being renovated so when he got home he had to clear up some mess before he could come out again...and he initially planned to buy me a cake as a surprise but by that time, all the cake shops were closed...

But considering he just came back from Penang, and he did buy the movie tickets in advance, and considering he's the only other friend who still bothered to celebrate my birthday with me, i really shouldn't be upset for his tardiness...though we missed the first 10 mins of the show...at least it was entertaining enough...Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow and his wits and tricks never fails to make me laugh...got home about almost 3am...which explained why i woke up close to noon today...

So i'm finally starting my master in plastic surgery next month...going back to USM, my alma mater...back to studying, while still having to work...i don't know if i'd be able to survive and complete my master in 4 years time...praying hard God will give me the strength and courage...but really, i often wondered if i'd continue on this road if i had gotten married earlier to my previous ex... i just feel that if i did have a family, i'd probably be contented just to be a chronic MO in some health clinic so that i can have more time with my family...but since i'm still single...so this is the path that i am taking...maybe this is the path that i am supposed to take...and God knew that if i had a family by now i would not have taken this path...and so things happened the way it did...although as far as i can see, this path will only lead me to a life of solitude...but we humans are short-sighted...only God knows what lies ahead for us...perhaps a life with family is still a possibility that awaits me...

So the year i turn 30 is the year of a new beginning for me...definitely something to look forward to...although a part of me is kind of dreading it...well, new (old) place...new friends...and meeting back old friends...new chapter in life...change isn't always a bad thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment