Thursday, April 9, 2009

Post-call Locum...

So here I am..in the locum clinic...doing post-call locum...us GA MOs get quite a lot of post-call locum offers...i used to do that quite often during the early days of my GA MO life...but i think after a while...you just feel tired...well, at least i do...these days, when i'm post call, i just wanna go home and crawl right into bed and sleep the whole day off...don't get me wrong...sometimes even with very bad calls i still can get like 2-3 hours sleep...which is quite good already...and i had a very good call last night... i slept the whole night through..waking up in between only to check on my patients...

Maybe age really is catching up with me...or perhaps my passion for my vocation has waned...or perhaps doing locum was never what i considered my vocation...in fact, the only reason why i started doing locum was to fund/fuel my travelling 'habit'...i want to go somewhere, do locum actively for a few months, then go on leave and travel...come back, be broke for a few months, so do locum again...and save for my next travel...or if i want to buy something, do more locum, then buy the thing i want...there's a saying in Malay that goes like this: kais pagi, makan pagi...kais petang, makan petang... i guess this is kind of like the modern version...

Sigh...i don't usually get bored easily...but i think i'm bored now...not of typing a post...but of monotony...of normality...of constancy...of routine...yet subconsciously i'm resisting change...i fear the unknown and uncertainty of what change might bring me..might do to my cozy life-style...oh, i'm such a.....hmmm...how do you describe someone like me? never mind...my post call mind isn't working too well...

No comments:

Post a Comment