Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A twist of fate....

I was expecting today to be just another boring Wednesday where i'll laze around at home...no offense to people with active social lives but i actually like lazing around at home doing nothing... but just when i was about to have lunch (we were having ready made spagetthi carbonara at home), Twink called me and asked me if i wanted to catch a movie...she wanted to watch Valentine's Day...i was like...er...i'm not really in the mood for a Valentine movie...i'd rather be watching Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief...

So i checked the movie schedules...initially we were supposed to watch at mid valley but apparently Twink drove past mid valley and saw that the parking areas were all full...so change of venue..she suggested Tropicana City Mall...they were playing Valentine's Day at 355pm and Percy Jackson at 440pm...since Twink wanted to watch Valentine's Day so she said she'll come pick me up about 315pm...and i dragged Pei along since she hasn't been to Tropicana City Mall as well...

Twink came to pick us up about 320pm...and she was driving happily to Tropicana City Mall untill we reached Jaya One and then she was like...OH NO!!! i drove to the wrong mall...and we all burst out laughing....hahahaha...apparently Twink thought Tropicana City Mall was where Jaya One was... so we were trying to find our way to the real Tropicana...Twink called Rudi aka the boyfriend for directions..no luck there...she called her dad...no luck there as well...so we were driving around and suddenly we saw banners showing Tropicana City Mall...

So we followed the banners and managed to reach there about 405pm...got to the GSC but by the time we got to the ticket counters it was too late for Valentine's Day...yes!!!! so we had to watch Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief after all...prior to going out, i actually typed in my FB status that i was going for Valentine's Day...God help me!!! so He heard my call for help after all....thank You Lord...anyway, Percy Jackson wasn't that great...acting was awkward...lines were cliche...but interesting lessons on Greek Mythology...

After that, Twink dropped us off to meet my family for dinner at Midah....then Kit Yin called to go for a drink...but we ended up just chatting at my place...it was good to catch up with old friends...then i came online and saw all my inquisitive guy friends leaving comments on my FB status...from wishing me good luck to asking me who's the guy...seriously, if i was going for a belated Valentine's day date, would i bother announcing on FB? i didn't even realize my status implied anything of that sort...and i thought i was the one with wild imagination...

Anyway, it's time to go back to KK tomorrow evening...sigh...i haven't had enough of staying at home and doing nothing yet...oh well, life goes on...just have to grit my teeth and work through each day till my next holiday...whenever that will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment