Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Getting suck into the Twilight Saga fantasy...

So my Twilight saga craze started during my Bali trip…got hooked after the 1st book…and recently when I went back to KL for a course, I finished up the 2nd book and brought the 3rd and 4th books back with me to KK.. I finished both in a week….given the circumstances, I think that’s quite a feat…hehe..

I’m not going to give a lengthy review…coz it is really much more interesting for you to experience the books yourselves..but despite all the hype about vampires and werewolves (or eventually they turned out to be shape-shifters), I can’t help but feel that the storyline is akin to a Taiwanese/Korean drama series…I mean there’s the love triangle…the sacrificial love stuffs…the awkward and clumsy leading lady..the deadly (literally) gorgeous male love interest…and the eventual happily ever after…

If you have vampire/werewolf-phobia, these books will definitely cure your fears…I’ve got to hand it to Stephenie Meyer for her ability to make being a vampire/werewolf sounds so attractive…and Bella Swan (the heroine) did make it her life ambition..to become a vampire…of course, not before she got pregnant with her vampire boyfriend, Edward Cullen’s child and gave birth to a half human-half vampire daughter, Renesmee…whom the werewolf Jacob Black ‘imprinted’ on….

Anyway, ‘imprinting’ was a concept that appealed to me a lot…apparently it only works on werewolves though…how does it work? So once the male werewolf achieves his werewolf state, if he sees a female and ‘imprinted’ on her…he will do anything and everything to be with her and to make her happy…so it’s kinda like falling in love at first sight…and totally head over heels..except that the age factor doesn’t really come into consideration…as in the case of Jacob Black (who was biologically 16 but physically 25) and Renesmee (who was a newborn)…ok that’s pretty weird..but what appealed to me was that it kind of make things a lot easier…in the BGR department that is…

I mean, look at is this way…if I imprinted on a guy…he will respond favourably to the imprinting..as in he’ll feel the same way about me..and vice versa…ok, so it takes away the choice factor…but I think sometimes I’d rather not have to choose…coz if you have choices, then you can make the wrong choice..but if you didn’t have a choice, then there’s no right or wrong yea? And once you’ve imprinted, you won’t even ‘see’ another guy in a romantic way anymore…you’ll belong to him and he’ll belong to you…no more problem with loyalty..no more fear of making the wrong choice…everyone will have a soulmate for him/herself...how convenient…of course, I’d rather ‘imprinting’ to be age-selective…at least 1 or 2 year plus-minus my current age..after all, I’m not immortal like the vampires or werewolves or hybrids…

Sigh…but I guess I live in a real world…or at least in the wrong latitude…not favourable for the existence of vampire and werewolves..i.e. too sunny..apparently vampires don’t die when exposed to sun…they just sparkle like diamond and therefore will be discovered…so they prefer places like Forks (the place where the book revolves around) which is cloudy and rainy all year round…and oh, a vampire like Edward Cullen is definitely worth ‘dying’ for…I mean, he’s ‘vegetarian’ (as in he doesn’t drink human blood)…he can gives Adonis a run for his money…not to mention he can run really fast, is rich enough to buy Bella cool cars, can climb up Bella’s bedroom window and accompany her in bed every night (unless Bella asked him not to), would rather end his existence than to live a life without Bella…and the list goes on and on and on…

Oh well…it’s late now..i’d better get some sleep and continue my reverie…maybe I should migrate further north…where it’s cold, cloudy and gloomy all year round..maybe I’d find myself a vegetarian vampire..or a werewolf who’d ‘imprint’ on me..and I wouldn’t mind if they were unrealistically gorgeous….hahaha…yea right…that would be the day…

P/s: That's why i love books...full of possibilities...allowing my imagination to run wild...;P

No comments:

Post a Comment