Sunday, June 7, 2009

Orange Moon...and my first lobster ever...

Today i played hookey...left the conference during lunch break to have lunch with my che Yvonne, my niece Sylvia, Kit Yin and Jerome...didn't bother to go back for the afternoon session...ate Japanese food at Sakae Sushi at Pavilion...food wasn't too bad...but the service left a somewhat bland taste in my mouth..and i'm not too keen with the idea of online ordering at restaurants..-_-"

After lunch, we went back to my che's place..so Sylvia and i were watching Barney together..and she was actually talking to me...so i thought we were getting quite chummy...and then i made the mistake of falling asleep on the couch...coz i woke up to a different kid in the form of Sylvia...she was suddenly running away from me...and actually said to me "you scared me"...hmmm.. i didn't know sleeping was such a monstrosity...sigh...it's like 1 step forward and 3 steps backwards...

Anyway, when we were leaving the house to go for dinner...i looked through the window at the corridor and saw an amazing view of the sun dipping behind the high-rise buildings..and i finally understood why Khalil called it the orange moon...coz it was a gigantic ball of fiery orange..setting against a dimming sky...tried to take some photos..but they turned out too small..didn't manage to capture the essence of it..on the way to the restaurant, i saw the moon...it's full moon (at at least almost full moon)...and i commented to my bro-in-law Jeff that maybe that was why the sun looks humungous today..coz it was full moon...hehe, i'm no astrophysicist...but honestly, i don't think the sun always looks as big as it was today...coz i remembered the sunset i saw at my fishing trip and Bali...nothing as big as today's...

So anyway, dinner was at golden dragonboat restaurant...where my che celebrated her birthday recently..everyone in my family were raving about the lobsters...and so i was glad they decided to bring me there as well...so i had my first lobster ever...baked in cheese...and cooked with noodles.. mmmm...i must say...it actually tastes like crab...but it was still a novelty...hehe...

well, it's late...tomorrow i still have half a day of conference..i'm just looking forward to finishing New Moon...hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment