Monday, January 17, 2011

Peach Girl and a trip down memory lane...

I was in Kota Bharu over the weekend...for my Masters Programme interview...which was on a Sunday...nothing shocking coz Kelantaneses work on Sundays and get off on Fridays...Anyway, flew to KB on Saturday morning....Suet Lai came to pick me up from the airport...then we went back to her place to put my stuffs and get Jacintha for breakfast...yea, it's a good thing to have friends doing masters there...got place to bunk in...and it's good to see old friends...

I started watching Peach Girl a few days ago...not the anime version...the Taiwanese version...and honestly, i wouldn't watch it in a million years, if it wasn't for Van Ness Wu...it's really a typical Taiwanese idol series...horrible acting (even Van Ness, but i guess that was his earlier days)...the other male lead is damn ugly...and there're so many bitch characters in the drama...anyway, was watching it on Suet Lai's Macbook to pass time...

So interview was...er...let's not talk about it...there were 6 of us being interviewed...which i found strange...coz there couldn't have been 6 applicants only...and out of the 6, only me and another Sikh girl were non-bumis...so i guess i can kinda figure out my chances of getting accepted...anyway, had lunch with Jacintha...then i asked her to drop me off at the campus...wanted to walk the corridors and paths which were once all-too-familiar to me but which were now strange and unfamiliar...

So many upgrades...so many new buildings built and being built...i walked to the library...which i used to go to borrow novels, hehe...didn't enter in case they asked for my pass, which i obviously wouldn't have...so i walked along some new buildings towards the main hall...so many fond memories of the main hall...where we had our Chinese New Year Nights...and saw the drums being dried under the sun....missed those drum practices...

Walked to the dorms where i used to stay...we had to move out of the old room and into a new room every year...like a yearly pilgrimage...so i actually stayed in 3 out of the 4 dorms during my 5 years in uni...went to the tennis court where i first caught the attention of my first 'mistake'...then was at the spot downstairs my 1st year dorm where i declined a romantic advancement...i'm glad i didn't accept it...coz then that guy wouldn't be happily married now to one of my good friend in uni...

Then went to my 2nd year dorm...took a photo of the table where my ex and i sat the night he expressed his romantic feelings to me...but honestly, i might have remembered the wrong table...hehe...but i'll always remember the night of the meteor shower...which we didn't get to see...they're building a new stadium at the old golf course...where my ex and i used to jog and have our ritual daily post dinner walk...wanted to walk around the golf course but it was too hot...

So i walked to the lecture halls...and along the corridors of the school...thinking how much things have changed over the last 4 years plus...although some things remained the same...but even if the buildings have remained the same, it was not the same campus that i used to study in...becoz we no longer belong to that place as we once did...and just like some things in life, once we've moved on, we can never go back to how we used to be...

I'll always treasure the memories i had from my campus days...but it's the future we have to live for...everyone has moved on...it's time for me to move on too...

No comments:

Post a Comment