Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kokol Hill and Kiansom Waterfalls

Last Thursday and Friday i was on leave...been planning to drive up to Kokol Hill, which was just up the Crocker range from Menggatal...wasn't too sure if my car could take the mountaneous assault, so i sent my poor MyVi for a service...don't ask me how much i had to pay for the service...only know that they almost overhauled my car...the only thing they didn't change was perhaps the engine....but then post-service my car was good to go for an uphill adventure...

So after lunch, i went home and packed an overnight bag...and started my solo adventure...it started to rain as soon as i drove out...it seems like the rain likes me...it's ok rain (no, not the Korean singer/actor/dancer), i like you too...it's just that you're gonna ruin my beautiful sunset...it took me about 45 mins to reach Kasih Sayang Resort, which was just by the road...along the way there was a church which had a huge replica of Jesus on the cross....and it was quite amazing against the backdrop of cloudy sky and sea...

I checked in at the resort...cost me RM131 for a night...at least the room was decently clean...but the naphthalene smell was a bit overwhelming coz it seemed to have followed me all the way home on Friday...thank God i brought cup noodles that i could eat for dinner...coz the food was darn expensive...and they had AXN and HBO on TV...so i spent my time catching up with my novel...and also CSI...took some photos of the sunset from my room...though that was mostly obscured by the clouds...still, a sunset is a sunset...

It felt good to be not working and be somewhere else doing something else besides routine...and i could sleep in the next morning...well, still had to wake up by 9am for breakfast...since it was included...had 4 eggs for breakfast aside of 2 slices of toasts and baked beans...since i couldn't eat sausages at the moment, i asked them to substitute with eggs...after breakfast i went back to my room and lazed on the bed till about 1230pm...and then the reception called to ask me to check-out...hehe, i thought check-out time was at 1pm...apparently that was the check-in time and check-out time was 1130am...oh well, i hurriedly packed and returned the keys...

I drove down via the Kiansom way...which i thankfully didn't use on coming up....at least going downhill wasn't as taxing for my poor MyVi...stopped by at the Kiansom waterfalls...not many ppl were there...and i didn't play in the water since i was alone...i may be able to swim but one can never be too sure about waterfalls...as it is, i was crazy enough to try to hike up to the 1st tier of the falls...not an easy hike i assure you, especially if you're wearing slip-ons...and then there was the hazard of all hazards...LEECH!!! just as i was about to reach the 1st tier, i noticed a small black stringy thing on the dorsum of my right foot...initially i thought it was dirt so i tried to sweep it off but it was stucked onto my foot although it moved...and i launched into a panic attack...i was flicking it off and then it was on my forearm and i was flailing my arms to get rid of it...thankfully it flew off...

But i was hyperventilating and so tachycardic that i didn't think my heartbeat would slow down at all...i initially wanted to hike all the way up to the 2nd tier but i abandoned the idea...i didn't think i could survive another leech-induced panic attack...so i took some self-timed photos at the 1st tier...which turned out pretty good i must say...the scenery was great but the water was a bit murky...would have preferred a crystal clear kind of waterfalls...thankfully the hike down was uneventful...while climbing up i was actually wondering how i would ever make it back down...but it felt like i reached my starting point much faster than expected...

So i drove home...happy and contented...planning for more of my solo adventures...coz need to finish up my leave before i start my masters programme...coz i can only keep 14 days...and i still have some 30 over days...

No comments:

Post a Comment