Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Pa....

Today is Pa's birthday...it would have been his 63rd birthday....while i was still at home, we would always go out for dinner for Pa's birthday every year...and i would love going shopping to select his birthday present...but i've been away from home the past few years...and i can't remember the last time i went home for Pa's birthday...i would only call him to wish him "Happy Birthday"...but now, i wouldn't be able to celebrate his birthdays with him anymore...

Pa, i know you're watching over us...and you can hear us...but i just wish i could call you now to tell you about some good things that has happened over the last 2 days...i attended a basic surgical skills course conducted by the people from the Royal College of Surgeons (Eng) which was held in my hospital...and i was on call yesterday...it was really amazing...after 5pm till this morning 645am, there wasn't a single call from the casualty or district for referrals...definitely my best ever call...i guess i should thank Eric for his prayers....

I really had a lot of fun at the course...and today, when the course ended, they awarded me as the best lady of the course...and my present was a teddy bear in a surgeon's outfit...i still wonder how i managed to get that award...coz my bowel anastomosis leaked...and my vein patch was crumply...i hope i've made you proud, Pa...at least now i know i am meant to do surgeries after all...i know you'll be watching me doing my 1st cheiloplasty and palatoplasty...and you will share my joy in creating magic....i missed you, Pa...hope you're happy, wherever you are...

No comments:

Post a Comment