Friday, October 28, 2011

England Part 1 - Day 3

Took the bus to Stratford-upon-Avon (the birthplace of Shakespeare) on Monday morning...passed by the Warwick Castle along the way...it looked so huge...wished i had time to visit it but i was already leaving for London the next day..seriously, Stratford's quite a small tourist town...so many shops selling Shakespearean souvenirs...and the town centre is only 2 to 3 roads combined...but i like the quaintness of it...saw the Shakespeare house...bought some souvenirs...and had lunch at a small cosy cafe which served scones with clotted cream and jam and a pot of tea...so nice and yummy...but the 2 big scones really stuffed me up...

Then Jeff and Jie came to pick me up in a Mercedes...Jeff sent his other car to fix coz some idiot ran into his car...so the workshop actually loaned him a Mercedes till the car is ready...how nice...they brought me to the University Hospital where Jeff is training and Jie works part time teaching anatomy...they have a cool anatomy lab and the guy who manages the lab was coming up with a 3D programme for their plastinated specimens...which i thought was quite cool...and definitely would be very helpful for my revision...if i can get a hand on that programme...

Also hung out at the library...they have all the plastic journals like BJPRS and JPRAS...so Jeff took some of them and took photos of me with the journals...he said i should show it to my bosses...that even on my holidays i still 'study'....hahahaha...like real...after that they dropped me off at Coventry town centre so that i could visit the bombed Coventry Cathedral...it was pretty amazing...just the shell of what must have been a massive cathedral...they built a new one just next to the old one...

Took a bus back to the University apartment...this time i knew my way back from the bus stop...my last night in Coventry...Jie cooked pasta for dinner...repacked my luggage and called an early night coz London is calling...hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment