Monday, October 17, 2011

My 1st (and likely last) church service in England...

I landed on English soil on Friday night...on Stanted airport to be exact...Jeff came to pick me up...he drove for 2 hours plus from Coventry to pick me up...thank God he left late coz I was stuck in the immigration for almost 2 hrs...definitely nowhere near Changi's efficiency...we drove back another 2 hrs plus and by the time we arrived at University of Warwick, it's half past 2am...after bathing and settling down, it was about 4am...tired...

Woke up by 8am plus...Jie took me and Sylvia for a walk around the university...it was really nice...has it's own theatre/ cinema...the buses go through the university...huge areas of land...the day was very sunny and quite warm...so we had a picnic at the apartment courtyard...it was so fun to be sitting outside and soaking in the sun...we took a bus to Kenilworth to visit the Kenilworth castle...but only manage to see the outside...coz Sylvia was getting tired...dinner was at this chinese restaurant at Coventry town centre...it was one of Jeff's coursemate's birthday...we had steamboat and karaoke...who would have thought huh? Get to sing karaoke in England...haven't been karaoke-ing since May this year...how I missed having private concerts with Elaine...

This morning I went to church with 2 of the guys from last night...one was the birthday boy and the other was a Singaporean...they went to church at Westwood church...it was a quaint little church...and I mean the stereotypical church building complete with stained-glass and altar and pews...my 1st (and likely last) church service in England was great...felt quite at home during worship coz the songs weren't foreign to me...the speaker spoke about discipleship...was a good sermon...oh, while I was waiting for the guys to pick me up at the bus stop, I saw this cute Japanese-looking guy walking pass with his friend...he looked cuter than Takuya Kimura (I love him)...and then saw him at the church...dang! If only I were 10 years younger (coz Takuya lookalike is most likely 10 years younger), and was studying in University of Warwick...unfortunately that's not meant to be...sigh...God, You're always good to me...but I don't need teasers like that...I need the real deal, hehe...

Tomorrow planning to visit Stratford...the place of Shakespeare...maybe I'll meet my Mr Darcy there...hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment