Saturday, October 1, 2011

A good weekend...new beginning in October...from free flaps to free from flaps...

So October is finally here...my release is finally here...tomorrow onwards i will be working in HKB for 3 months...although i'll still be back in hellhole for another 6 months after my 3 months freedom, but i'm gonna savour every moment of my 3 months of 'from free flaps' to 'free from flaps'....i supposed how i'm feeling right now can be akin to a prisoner about to be released...except that for the prisoner, his release is for good...

Anyway, i had a good weekend...was post call on Friday...it was a good call despite having to do 2hourly flap monitoring...went home after my call to bathe...then went to pick up my friend...asked her to join our church service on Friday...it was a welcoming service for the undergrad 1st years...was a bit late...there were quite a few 1st years with us yesterday...Dr Tee gave a welcoming talk which felt very much like a lecture...hehe...then Dr Chew showed a slide show of photos of church activities gathered from since i was an undergrad...

One slide had photos of one of our church camp with me in the pics...Dr Chew asked me to go to the front to share my experience...i was quite amazed to see how i looked like back then...i wondered out loud "was i ever that young?"...even Suet Lai said i looked like some secondary school kid...and as i was sharing, one of the 1st year kid actually asked me how old i am...dang!!! can't exactly lie in church can i? so now everyone at church knows i've hit my big 3-0...oh, and one of my burn patient was there...this guy who burned his heel while he was at a sauna in Golok...hehe...

Had a good lunch after service...Hsiao Ling baked some yummy-licious chocolate cake...i think she knows i love and need chocolate...so every week she bakes some pastry/cake with chocolate...or cheese...God bless her...then i went for my facial appointment...it has been ages since i last went for facial...about time to pamper my face...actually, more like it's about time to salvage my face...in the hopes that i won't look 70 by the time i finished my suffering in hellhole...ended up spending rm271 for my facial and buying some products...also got mildly electrocuted during the facial massage...that's definitely the first time i experience such facial massage...

Came back and tried to study a bit but failed miserably...then went for dinner with Sharon & Suet Lai...had Thai food...woke up at 1130am this morning...and have failed studying the whole day...ended up browsing online clothes...saw some dresses that really piqued my desire...and they're quite cheap also...but trying to restrain myself...hehe...well, tomorrow i get to wake up a bit later than usual...better try to read a few more pages before i fall asleep on my physiology book...hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment