Saturday, September 12, 2009

My (imaginary) wedding....

A friend asked me if i've got my wedding all planned out...and i said yes, i've imagined everything from the wedding photos to the ceremony and reception in my deluded little head...the only thing i couldn't imagine is, well...the groom...hahaha...he suggested that i write a blog about this to see the reaction i would get...might be interesting...so here it is...

For my wedding photos, i've thought of a few scenes...one would be an 'under the rain' scene...where my groom (God bless him, hahaha) and i would be dancing in the rain, in wanton, without a single care that we're getting drenched in a tux and dress that might cost a few hundred ringgit...i just love the idea of dancing in the rain...the last time i played under the rain was in Camp Cameron 3 years ago...

Next scene would be among the rocks by the sea...found a perfect spot for this...Byron Bay...my groom and i, watching the majestic waves crashing against the rocks...i know this is quite cliche but who cares...another would be also by the beach...perhaps under the boardwalk...watching the 'orange moon' dipping into the horizon...there's something about watching the setting sun together that signifies love eternal....

There'll always be a black & white profile yea? mine would be with a grand piano...groom in a white tux, me in an Audrey Hepburn style dress...ahhh, classic!!! Also to honour my nyonya ancestries, i'd love to be photographed in my mom's kebaya nyonya (which used to belong to my great grandmother)...if i can actually fit into them lah...and in the photos, my groom and i will be in colour while the background is in sephia (wonder if that could be done)...

Hmmm, how about a bedroom scene? hahaha...a purple heart-shaped divan for my groom and i to have a pillow fight on...oh, and depending on the circumstance of the marriage proposal, perhaps a re-enactment of it for photography sake...

I'm still torn between a traditional church wedding and garden wedding...i've always wanted a church wedding...but these days, a garden wedding is quite tempting...after all, it's easier to have a garden wedding since the ceremony and dinner reception can be held at the same place, one followed by the other...makes more money sense...

For my wedding dress, that will have to wait till when the wedding plans finally materializes...i'm too fickle...it'll be something that i fancy at the moment i choose my gown...probably a simple white one-shoulder, empire-waist Greek goddess kind of dress...another would probably be a halter-neck, low back dress....we'll see...

Wedding dance...got just the song...Nothing's gonna change my love for you....Khalil Fong's version...for the walk-to-the-altar-song, i'm still open to suggestions...Pachabel's Canon in D or Mendelsohn's Wedding March is getting a little too familiar...perhaps something original...hehe...like one my groom writes just for our wedding...;P

I haven't got my guest list ready...but the people i'll be inviting are all in my head...and if i get to give a speech for my wedding, it'll be a list of thank yous to my family and friends who've been so gracious to grace my wedding with their presence...it'll be the closest i'll ever get to delivering an Oscar speech...hahaha...

As for honeymoon, it will really depend on our financial status...exploring the Greek islands on a boat for a month sounds ideal...or a cruise down river Nile for a week...anyway, all of the above is subject to change...and at the rate my social life is going, it may remain (forever) as imaginary...hahaha...still, it's always nice to dream...:)

4 comments:

  1. kath, may ur dream come true

    ReplyDelete
  2. jazzy wazzy12/9/09 23:05

    heya gal! ur such a dreamer! active imagination! :D finally i get to read ur blog! on-call tmr! having nausea and palpitations today... :( how was the khalil fong thingie? did u get to see him? DID HE RECOGNIZE U? mwahahaha! :D hey! u know as i read ur post, i was wondering.. how come u didn't imagine khalil fong as the groom? hehe... :p it'll be nice to see wat ur wedding actually turns out to be... i better be on the guest list! or else! :p hehe.. miss u already, gal.. wat time u arriving tmr?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ah liam...i hope so too..
    jasmine, the concert was great!!! but i didn't get to see him up close lah...so i don't think he'd have recognized me...hehe, why do you think i didn't? if you know khalil's songs, you'd know that most of what i've imagined is khalil-inspired...hahahahaha...arriving 7.40pm tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the reason marketing promotions campaigns so that you can useful investigate earlier than posting. It will be easier to put in writing more effective place like this. Fotógrafo de Bodas Madrid Precios

    ReplyDelete